Monday, April 20, 2009

My cup(cake) hath runneth over

Readers, I have some news:  I found a new cupcake joint, and it is actually better than Sweet

Enter:  the South End Buttery. 

Located on Shawmut Ave in the South End (duh), the Buttery is the grown-up answer to Sweet. The bake shop actually functions as a full-service cafe, with a really rad vintage-looking espresso machine, real food to eat, and wine. The cream, brown and yellow interior feels both fun and sophisticated.

And then, of course, there are the cupcakes. You can check out their full menu here, but I enjoyed a Madison (read: vanilla). The cake was spongy, but not overly sweet (as real cake should be), while the small heap of delectable, buttery frosting lived up to the bakery's name. And, really, it's not like a tour through the South End to get to the place is unpleasant.

Speaking of cupcakes ...

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to there.

    ps, thanks for all these posts that appeal to my severely neglected sweet tooth! I wish we had more time to eat cupcakes together.

    ReplyDelete