Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Forward

Despite the absolutely dreary weather, I ventured to Saks yesterday to try some of the department store's spring offerings. Even though the economy sucks, I was pretty pumped to find some sundresses I actually wanted to buy.

At left is the confetti silk dress by Marc by Marc Jacobs. The cut was super flattering, and I really dug the geometric pattern that ended up looking a little Flinstone-esque. The sky blue is also a really nice color. It didn't look terrible on my super pale skin color and I would image it'll look nice with a tan, too. ($348)

Next to it is the pricilla ruffle dress in this really pretty blush color from Elizabeth and James. MK and A definitely got it right with this one - the straps attach in the back but can be unbuttoned so you could turn it into a halter or criss cross them. The ruffles are fun, to boot. ($375) 

Update: The Marc by Marc dress is actually resort and thus last season. Bloomingdale's has it on sale for $243. They don't have it in my size, but it looks like Net-a-porter is pretty much sold out, and I had a hard time finding it online, so I would skeedadle over to Saks if you want it.

1 comment:

  1. i tried on the same marc dress at saks in the desert and tried to convince myself i was a size larger than i was to snatch up that number on sale. but that was silly and i am not that size.

    ReplyDelete